Thursday, May 1, 2008

Behold. It's a hollow, hollow world

Hello, good evening, good morning, depending on whatever place you are reading from, which I can't really give a damn about. I haven't written a post for some time now so my writing is rusty. This certainly will not be your best reading experience, but then again, what internet literature has? You'll probably feel slight discomfort, an itch in the lower rectal region, and in some cases, severe onset of boredom. If symptoms persist, then stop reading you dumbass.

Consider this scenario: After a failed pathetic concert of yours, you walk out the back stage with your head hanging low, more lifeless than a flaccid manhose at a beach full of really wrinkled nuns, and you are greeted by your family and friends outside."That was great performance!""Good job""Nice""Don't worry, you did well"These are often the words you hear followed by a hug of comfort. But you immediately notice that their faces have no heart and the words carry no authenticity. You stand there, gritting your teeth, feeling the lifeless arms wrap around, and secretly swearing inside that you will hideously butcher these people someday for the heart-piercing lies. LIES! LIES!!! Words of deceit and hypocrisy. And even if you didn't notice then, you figure out later and try to reconcile with the repressed blinding rage by repeated fist motion directed against the wall. This sound like a familiar situation to you? Yes? Then skip the next column.

What? No? Then you're either A) a social recluse who never interacted with the outside world, B) A 1 yr old baby or C) a complete idiot because everybody has had these hollow praises sometime in their lifetime.

That's right, the world is full of these hollow empty gestures. Cashiers saying "have a nice day" at 11:59 PM, someone you barely know saying "how you been?", and waiters coming up to ask "Is everything all right?". One of the notorious and horrible breeding ground for these kind of people exists in this world, by the name of Facebook. Its pokes and superpokes and mindless "wHatz up? Lol :D" are widely tolerated in its realm, even though people just do it to get attention for themselves. (If I were to go fully into detail about Facepig, the article length would triple so I'll write about it someday later. I guess. Anway...)No, these people couldn't care less about what you have been up to or how your life is accomodated. You think I'm lying? Then try this for a change. Say something that they wouldn't expect. Instead of "Have a nice day" "You too", say "You dont' mean that". Instead of "How you been?" "Good", say "Bad." Instead of "Is everything all right?" "Yes", say "No". Most likely their facial fiture will vomit a look of disgust because they realized that they are left with two choices of either revealing their apathy and walk off, or grin like lobotomized pet dog, and listen to something they sincerely don't care about.

Damn this planet lacking genuine gestures, with its insincere inhabitants with empty etiquette. Where did the heart go? Is this why nobody cared when Kitty died? And it's generally accepted under the rug by the society too, which makes things so bad. If hidden hollowness is accepted, then I claim that obvioussincerety should be used as countermeasure.

"That was a great show!""Thanks for lying straight into my face! I'll take note of that when I get my guns tomorrow"

"Have a nice day!""Not anymore since you just lied!"

"How you been?""You're just saying that so you'll feel morally self satisfied!"

At this point now you might probably be thinking, "well gee-whiz. This here fella sure is dumb cause everybody knows this". Unfortunately, some people don't. "So yer writing this to the world?" No, it's not like many people read this blog anyway. "What? Then heck, why?" I'm just venting my rage dammit. Leave me alone. Great, now I feel worse because of you stupid reader and your stupid questions. I'm gonna sleep.

20 comments:

Rabbit-man said...

Well if it isn't my archnemesis vicious dreamer. THe dogs that I trained to eat human flesh didn't devour you? Surely the boar that I taped to a cat killed you when I placed it in your room?

Well played sir, Well played.

Also I want to read your rant against facebook sounds like a larf.

vicious dreamer said...

Surely you have not forgotten that a person like me could easily rip apart those mangy beasts and grind their corpses together with my bare fist to make a giant meat hat and shoes. They fit quite nicely, they do.

Looks like your Pavlovian training did nothing for you.

I expected better from my worthy enemy. You disappoint me.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, you did well

Anonymous said...

Congratulation!

vicious dreamer said...

Damn. Looks like another infestation of anonymousi.

Aimless Anarchist said...

Amazing Job, Vicious... fantastic! You did so well! That was great performance! Good job! Nice !Don't worry, you did well! :)

No really, a well done premier post

vicious dreamer said...

Wow thanks for the daily dosage of thick, concentrated sarcasm! Remember to take those recommended daily intake of sarcasm everyday, kids!

Rabbit-man said...

No problem buddy!

Anonymous said...

I don't think vicious dreamer was talking to you rabbitman

Rabbit-man said...

Oh fuck you anonymous!

You wanna start something you cowardly little freak!

vicious dreamer said...

Yeah, fuck you anonymous!
I speak for my self! Not you! ME!

Rabbit-man said...

You know what I never understood? Etiquette. I mean it all started when some asshole got offended because somebody didn't do what they thought was right,so they arbitrarily forced their will on everyone.

I mean who really cares if I eat a steak with a salad fork, or wipe my mouth with the table cloth? If I am not wearing fancy clothing at a respectable restaurant is it really going to ruin somebody else's meal? NO, it's just a bunch of bullcrap.

And while I'm ranting why the hell do we have to send cards to people on holidays and their birthday? Half the time people don't even write anything on the card other than "Happy 'whatever'" and send it off. DOes that really indicate your love for an individual. FUCK NO!! Think, you could have spent the fivebucks you wasted on a card on a five dollar bill, and then you could have given that money to the person. DOes that show you love them either? NO, but I'd rather have five dollars than some dumbass card I'm going to throw away immediately after I read it.

So Yes VD (Hah your initials could mean vinereal disease) I agree with you on your assessment of society's empty gestures.

Anonymous said...

The above message was brought to you by: Hallmark

Hallmark: When you can't say something right, say it with Hallmark.

Anonymous said...

fucking hallmark channel.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous watch your language. CHildren read this blog for christ's sake.

Why won't anybody think of the children?

Anonymous said...

Well it does suck.

Anonymous said...

Darnit anonymous why must you bring oral sex to this blog?

You are giving our fellow anonymi a bad name.

Anonymous said...

"Damn this planet lacking genuine gestures"

I knew it vicious dreamer is an alien, an alien from SPACE!

Aimless Anarchist said...

Catholic church now aproves of alien existence, its cool now to believe in extraterretrial beings... unless they are gay

Rabbit-man said...

What aliens can't be happy?

Hah this is historic, it took like a week for me to think up that crappy joke. Hold your applause everyone. Hold your applause